the most frustrating/ rewarding experience (simultaneously)
childbirth?

ah, no. for me, no. but not that i would know this firsthand (this has only been secondary information).

people who wander aimlessly on the sidewalk or cluelessly take up the entire sidewalk so you can't pass? (they are usually couples conversing or groups of people - damn tourists!). and then finally finding your "window of opportunity" so you can finally pass them and be on your way?

no and no.

then, WHAT??!!

shopping at union square's trader joe's.


i have never been in a store where there have been so many people shopping in such a small space. i have never been in a store that i am so excited to be at because of all the great foods/ prices i'm going to take home with me. ...eventually.

then again, i haven't ever been in a cabbage patch doll or play station stampede at walmart or target. i guess never say never, huh?


everything's got a price.

this trader joe's is so much smaller than the ones i've shopped at in california when i lived there. the size of the union square store is actually half the sizes of those other stores. welcome to nyc.

at least people aren't rude; i am happy to report that civility is alive and well at NYC's tj's. there is a little frustration with climbing over/ around people. the 12 items or less line and the regular line wrap endlessly around the aisle and shoppers. many times you can't even tell where the line is despite the tj workers hanging out with their line signs. the shopping carts do not fit by skinny or fat people when the aisles are crammed on the sides middle and people are trapped because of the traffic flow just because they had to get one item in the nut section.


i feel their pain. i have been that nut in that section before.

"get out of my way!"
"me first!"
"oh, god...just pass already!"
"you and your shopping cart just ran over my toe...again!"
"oh, YOU again. get out of my way...again!"


what - is this kindergarten?

okay. i don't say those things....but sometimes the zeros and ones that make up those thoughts are computing through my mind. but for all my trouble, everything is fine once i get home and start eating my ice cream cake and sesame seed/ honey covered almonds and horseradish hummus and black bean dip and ...and.....and .....and.....

here is a wonderfully cute tj youtube video. it's genius. awesome. and he gets kudos for using one of my favorite jazz tunes: antonio carlos jobim's the waters of march.




1 Response
  1. I LOVE those almonds. I had the weirdest dream about you last night. You were fighting pirates in a two story building with a gymnast. Very Strange.


  • Twitter Updates

    About Me

    My photo
    NYC, United States
    A goal in mind. A vision. Daily steps to achieving the somewhat unachievable. A record of what is accomplished. Given FAITH that proceeding toward a transformation that will transform my life. Trust in the process. Chipping away at the fat while building glorious muscle. Seeing myself in a different light and gaining confidence beyond my wildest imagination. Becoming real. My reality. My Transformation at a cellular level. Using informed knowledge to change my life. For me and no one else. Giving to myself will allow me to give to others. Loving myself better so I can love others better. One day at a time. One week at a time planned out. To become months and years of better fitness for myself. Again, grasshopper, trust in the process.