remembering september 11th

in 2001 on this day, i was in florida with my mom, dad at their new house with my aunt, and uncle. i was not feeling well and hadn't been for a while. we were trying to figure out what we were going to do for the day, i mean - we were on vacation. as we tried to get our morning started, mom got a phone call from a friend who told her to turn on the television. mom said, "turn on the t.v. - something is happening." what we saw next was beyond acceptance and belief. we saw smoke and a the twin towers on fire. but that was old news. what we saw next was too much to watch: the footage showed the towers collapsing. it was a rough day for me to begin with because i wasn't feeling well, but when i saw what was happening in nyc, i knew i had been there at the top of the WTC and it was too much for me; i sank down behind the couch trying to take it all in. the rest of the day and week was spent checking in with the television news. i remember listening to the round the clock coverage on NPR. too much information took on a whole new meaning. everyone was looking for hope, but it seemed everyone's worst fears were coming true.

i now live in nyc. i've been to the WTC site. it's sombering to be in a place where so many lost their lives. what happened is still in the back of my head and sometimes i wonder if we will all have to deal with something like this again.

i guess this day was a reminder to be thankful for who and what we have in our lives. everyone was touched by the devastating happenings. i'll never forget where i was.

here are some pics of the firehouse by my apartment. 48th and 9th.





Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
  • Twitter Updates

    About Me

    My photo
    NYC, United States
    A goal in mind. A vision. Daily steps to achieving the somewhat unachievable. A record of what is accomplished. Given FAITH that proceeding toward a transformation that will transform my life. Trust in the process. Chipping away at the fat while building glorious muscle. Seeing myself in a different light and gaining confidence beyond my wildest imagination. Becoming real. My reality. My Transformation at a cellular level. Using informed knowledge to change my life. For me and no one else. Giving to myself will allow me to give to others. Loving myself better so I can love others better. One day at a time. One week at a time planned out. To become months and years of better fitness for myself. Again, grasshopper, trust in the process.