margaret, i hardly knew ye...

in my old NYC neighborhood, hell's kitchen, on my way to and from my apartment, i always passed this lady sitting out on her chair, looking at the traffic and people watching. she would always give me a smile or wave. i didn't even know her name. she seemed to be comfortable in her setting and her sitting watching the world go by and being in the middle of it all.

one day when i walked by her place, i notice an array of flowers in the place where she sat. i walked closer. the following note was in the midst of a single candle.


i did not know margaret's name until that day. i was happy that we had had the exchanges we had. i was sad that i didn't get to know her better. she was my neighbor and a friendly one at that.

margaret, i hardly knew ye....
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
  • Twitter Updates

    About Me

    My photo
    NYC, United States
    A goal in mind. A vision. Daily steps to achieving the somewhat unachievable. A record of what is accomplished. Given FAITH that proceeding toward a transformation that will transform my life. Trust in the process. Chipping away at the fat while building glorious muscle. Seeing myself in a different light and gaining confidence beyond my wildest imagination. Becoming real. My reality. My Transformation at a cellular level. Using informed knowledge to change my life. For me and no one else. Giving to myself will allow me to give to others. Loving myself better so I can love others better. One day at a time. One week at a time planned out. To become months and years of better fitness for myself. Again, grasshopper, trust in the process.